OUR CLINIC POLICIES
Last updated 9/10/2016
- Sensible Speech-Language Pathology, Inc, bills most major insurance companies
- At the time of service, you are responsible for all deductibles, co-pays, and/or co-insurance.
- In the event that your insurance denies our claim, you are responsible for the amount denied in its entirety. Sensible Speech, Language Pathology, Inc, is not responsible for denied claims.
- Quotes given prior to therapy are not a guarantee of coverage. Coverage is based on your eligibility status with the insurance company at the time of service. It is your responsibility to know your eligibility status at the time of service.
- If we are out-of-network with your insurance company, payment in the full amount may be due at the time of service depending on your insurance company. We are committed to helping you get reimbursed and will help you seek coverage and reimbursement for our services.
- Payment is due in the full amount at the time of service (deductible, co-pay, or co-insurance)
- Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check, and/or credit cards (including HSA cards)
- If the check does not clear, a $25 service fee will be applied to your next bill
- Receipts will be provided upon payment of services for your records
- In the event that your insurance denies our claim you will be billed for the service amount in its entirety. An interest rate of 5% will be added every 30 days with an outstanding balance.
- If the client has an outstanding balance of $300 or more, services will be terminated.
- In the event of needing to cancel an appointment and/or reschedule, you must notify (by phone or email) your service provider at Sensible Speech-Language Pathology 24 Hours prior to your appointment
- Late notifications (less than 24 hours) will result in a $35 rescheduling fee, to be paid in full by the client; however, if you are able to reschedule your appointment within 5 business days, no late cancellation/rescheduling fee will be applied to your account
- In the event that your service provider must cancel for any reason, no rescheduling fee will be applied.
- After three rescheduling fees, we reserve the right to terminate services.
- For clients under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must be present for the entire session
- All services are provided competently by an Oregon State Board Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist who also holds a Certificate of Clinical Competency through the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
RELEASE OF INFORMATION
- Sensible Speech-Language Pathology, Inc, adheres to the Health Information Privacy Accountability Act (HIPAA), which protects all Protected Health Information.
For more information, visit http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/index.html
- An Authorization to Use/Disclose form may be signed to approve the release of specific information to a designated third party.